Parkerville Children and Youth Care protects and cares for the most vulnerable children and youth in our community through the provision of a therapeutic environment that utilises a range of professional services. Our core business remains our response to the “high needs child”. Many of these children and youth have suffered chronic histories of multiple abuse and display a range of trauma-related behaviours.
Out of Home Care for children and youth will always remain our core business, however, Parkerville Children and Youth Care today also offers valuable outreach services and programmes to the wider community for children, youth and families in need. For more details on these programmes please visit the programme section within this website.
Our programmes are designed to be outcome focused for the children and youth for whom we provide care. There is an emphasis on individualised care plans to meet the needs of each and every child or young person. We strive to make a positive difference to the lives of all children and youth who come into our care.
To create a community that is free from child abuse so that children have the opportunity to grow to their full potential.
Our Mission Statement
To protect, care, advocate and promote recovery for children and young people who have experienced trauma from abuse, to support families and to work with the community to prevent child abuse.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care has cared for children since 1903.
Caring is our core value and is central to our purpose.
- Ensuring that children, youth and families feel safe and supported.
- Developing positive working relationships to create an enhanced and supportive team environment.
- Acknowledging the challenging environment in which we work and providing access to emotional and practical support for staff.
- Developing strong relationships to create an enhanced and supportive team environment.
- Believing what we do can make a difference.
- Working with people's strengths to instil a belief that change is possible.
- Having the patience to await positive change to occur.
- Embracing the difference in all people.
- Promoting and upholding the rights of children, youth and families.
- Being open to the experience and knowledge of others.
- Doing what we say we do.
- Communicating openly with people ensuring they are well informed and fully involved.
- Being transparent and ethical in our work and always striving to improve.
- Being responsible, accountable and consistent in the work we do.
- Always upholding our values.